1. Which of the following is true regarding Ohm’s law statement ?
- Current should be directly proportional to the voltage
- Current should be inversely proportional to the resistance
- Voltage should be directly proportional to the resistance
- Both A and B
Memory: Almost every student has familiar with the term
That describes the relationship between Voltage, Current and Resistance.
This law was named after the German Physicist Georg Simon Ohm.
According to this law,
If temperature and other environmental conditions remain constant, Current flowing through a conductor between two points is directly proportional to the potential difference(Voltage) across the points and inversely proportional to the resistance of the circuit.
2. Which of the following is true regarding limitation of ohm’s law ?
- Ohm’s law is valid for non-linear circuit only
- Ohm’s law is valid for linear circuit only
- Ohm’s law is valid for both linear and non-linear circuit
- Ohm’s law is valid for unilateral circuit only
Memory: No information is available.
3. Condition for Ohm’s law is that –
- Temperature should remain constant
- Voltage should remain constant
- Current should remain constant
- Power should remain constant
Memory: Condition for ohm’s law is temperature and other environmental conditions should remain constant.
4. Which of the following equations describe vector form of ohm’s law ?
|D.||None of the above|
Memory: Vector form of ohm’s law typically used in electromagnetic and material science for finding current density, conductivity, and electric field.
This reformatting of ohm’s law generally takes place due to a German physicist Gustav Robert Kirchhoff.
5. Ohm is the unit of ?
Memory: Ohm is the both practical and SI unit of resistance.
6. Ohm’s law applicable to ?
- Linear circuit only
- Non-linear circuit only
- unilateral circuit only
- All of the above
Memory: Ohm’s law is applicable to circuits containing linear elements only.
Such as, resistance, capacitance, inductance.
Because, these elements show linear output characteristics (
whose output graph is a straight line).